To support people, through running, to become more aware of their true self, the world around them and realise their full potential.
Did You Run Today? was founded on a set of three values which have underpinned the community. Whilst still fluid and ‘work in progress’ here a set of ten values which help guide everything we do.
1. Have Compassion
Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. – Dalai Lama
- for ourselves and others
2. Be Non-Judgmental
- Be open to all abilities
- Although we all inevitably judge, we strive to notice what happens when we do
3. Take time to pause & breathe
- We make time to notice and reflect
- We strive to make conscious decisions
- We choose to make things as simple and clear as possible
5. Take Responsibility
- be responsible to others, but not for them
- take responsibility for your health
- have responsibility to the environment
6. Have Fun
7. Favour Transparency
Transparency breeds trust, and trust is the foundation of great teamwork.
– Joel Gascoigne
- be open & honest
- give freely
8. Bring your whole self fully to whatever you do